So only a month into the whole training business and I'm already ditching the program. But wait, i have good reasons. It all started with a sore achilles heel....it came on slowly then little by little it became difficult not to do the hobble walk but strangely it felt fine when I was running, so no big deal. Well, i have come to learn that there is this little know fact about your body and it compensating for other parts that are hurt. So then my other leg (shin/calf) started hurting. But this time it's wasn't just a little - nothing unlike little gnomes hacking away with their pick axes at my leg while I was running. The pain would lessen after about 40 minutes and I could carry on with the rest of my run, provided that I was running more than 4 miles. So that lasted for about 2 weeks and THEN the hip on the other side decided to compensate for that leg and reared it's ugly head. I mean really. I have put many long years into the sole dedication of fattening up that hip so it could withstand any and all abuse that came it's way. The good news was all that work did pay off and the hip recovered rather quickly, but last night when me and some of the ladies headed out for a short run my legs screamed up at me in their best Jewish grandmother voice and hollered "enough with the running already!"
So i have made the decision to take at least a week (maybe two) off and just focus on some cross training and see how it goes. I have been reminded by several knowledgeable women that it's better to slow down now then really hurt something and have to be out for 5-6 weeks. I'm just hoping that I can run again soon and not have to be in so much pain so i can actually enjoy it.
So, today I went biking and tomorrow is the Latin Hip-Hop class at the gym. Yes, you read that right...Latin Hip-Hop. Which is an entirely different post that I will share with you at a later date. Until then...Broken Betty signing out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment